Monday, December 15, 2008

What a long time!

It has been a long time since I posted. Here's the scoop:
After my last update I took the Wayfarer on its 1st journey. It was about a 100 mile round trip drive to Browsburg and back. I went to my buddy Thom's shop (Godspeed Rides) for Friday night Hot Rods & Haircuts. Me and a few guys got alot done. Got the bumpers on, Taillights in and working, seatbelts in, and a few other small things. All was great with the world! After a few cold ones it was dark and tim to head home. I hadnt even made it out of Browsburg when I lost BOTH headlights. They wouldnt work for anything...and I tried it all. So Tabb who was following me got in front and I followed him closely. About 2 miles from my house I had to stop for a stop light and the brakes werent very good all of a sudden. No worries, only 1 more stop light to go then I would be home! It was green, whew! When I tried to slow down to turn into my neighborhood, I had NO brakes. Oh yeah, and it quit running.

So here is a quick diagnosis:

Lights: bad ground I hope.
Bakes: Who knows, but there are no leaks, so that leads me to believe it is the Master Cylinder.
Carb: On the way home I stopped and filled up with gas. I just wonder if I didnt stir up a bunch of crap in the tank and suck some into the carb....

I was not very happy it made it 99 and 9/10ths of the 100 mile trip and had to be pushed into the garage.

So needless to say the Wayfarer and I have not been on speaking terms. But, this weekend we made up and I am back on track. I am working on rounding up some parts and buddies to help and we will get it back on the road and hopefully very reliable but spring!

No comments: